How do I prove my insurance to the authorities?
- Your employer manages the master list of members. It may take time for them to notify us of additions or changes.
- We cannot change information on our records since to do so will not change the master records.
- We cannot issue documentation where we do not have the information from your employer.
- The documents we issue do NOT prove you are insured.
- If you do not yet have a confirmation of cover email from us
- there is absolutely no need for concern. Please do the following
a) be sure that your election to the scheme is made and registered with your employer
b) take a copy of the certificate wording available on your company intranet so you have the contact details for emergency assistance and claims. This is also evidence of insurance for the two situations that require it (see below).
There are only a handful of countries that require visitors to hold travel insurance. The authorities will want to see the full policy wording available from your employer. No other country will be interested in your insurance position.
The only other situation in which you will be asked to show you have travel insurance is on a VISA APPLICATION. You will be required to produce the full policy wording available from your employer.
In both of these cases the authorities will accept the company policy your employer is required to make available to you. This document alone, usually available on an intranet, is sufficient for both above purposes. You simply tell the authorities that you are covered by your company policy and this, possibly with evidence of your employment, will be sufficient.
If you require HOSPITAL TREATMENT ABROAD you will NOT be required to produce any insurance documents to receive medical treatment. You will be required to either produce a method of payment or ensure that the insurer, through the 24 hour assistance company shown in the policy, is able to establish a contractual relationship between the insurer and hospital to pay for treatment directly. Hospitals will never give you free treatment on the basis of evidence of insurance alone.