Insurance & Reinsurance Brokers at Lloyd’s
+44 (0) 20 7977 5700

Does my insurance cover me for damage to rented accommodation?

Your travel insurance will cover you for damage to a third party’s property but only if this arises from your negligence and is in respect of short term holiday let. The insurance does NOT cover any liability you might incur for other reasons – such as where your contract makes you liable for breakages irrespective of how this arises – and you may need therefore cover above and beyond that offered here.

CSP staff cannot give definitive guidance on what responsibility you might enter into through letting property and you would be wise therefore to seek legal advice as to whether this insurance goes as far as is necessary given your contract and any local law or provisions.